Story Shuffle is a themed, every-other-month, first-person story telling event among friends. The order is randomized and new story tellers are welcomed each month -- hence, the shuffle.
For the first ever Podcast Festival, five of our favorite Story Shuffle storytellers will be telling their stories as inspired by the theme AGING:
- Eric Smith is the marketing director at Old City publishing company Quirk Books, author of the forthcoming 'Geek's Guide to Dating' and cofounder of local culture blog Geekadelphia.com. He lives in Rittenhouse.
- Kathryn Bezella is a senior director of admissions at the Wharton School, a fiction writer and member of the Backyard Writers Group at the Kelly Writers House. She lives in West Philly.
- Lansie Sylvia is a communications director at EHL Consulting, a frequent First Person Arts Story Slam storyteller and cofounder of the Philly Give & Get experiential charity date auction.
- Patrick McNeil is a resource coordinator for social services nonprofit Resources for Human Development, a short fiction writer and member of the Backyard Writers Group at the Kelly Writers House. He lives in Fishtown.
- R. Eric Thomas, a playwright and stand-up dramedian, has been hailed as “one of the best storytellers in Philly” by the Philadelphia Weekly. Eric has read or performed throughout the country, including on the wildly successful RISK! podcast and at the 2011 TEDxPhilly conference. He lives in South Phillly.
- Christopher Wink is the editor of local technology news site Technically Philly and the cofounder of the annual Philly Tech Week. He is a flash fiction writer, journalist and story teller. In 2010, he launched Story Shuffle.
Tickets for 8/1, 7pm: http://phillypodfest.brownpapertickets.com/